When and How to Seek Professional Help

IT IS STRONGLY RECOMMEND SEEING A VEIN SPECIALIST FOR AN ASSESSMENT if you have or have had any of the following conditions:

  • Blood-clot complications or hemorrhaging of your leg veins
  • Vein-related wounds (venous stasis ulcerations)
  • Varicose veins
  • Symptoms of chronic venous insufficiency (CVI), such as discomfort, tiredness, pain, or swelling in your legs and feet.

Vein specialists have the training and technology, including color-flow duplex ultrasound capabilities, to make accurate assessments and prescribe the most effective treatments. Primary care physicians or other medical practitioners who do not specialize in the treatment of vein disease typically don’t.

Leave a reply