Advanced Vein and Vascular Solutions – Dr. Izzo
Advanced Vein and Vascular Solutions Dr. Edward G. Izzo, Jr., is a highly experienced Tampa vein specialist who is board-certified in General and Vascular Surgery. Dr. Izzo received his bachelor’s degree from Columbia University and his M.D. from Chicago Medical School. He served as Senior & Chief Resident in Surgery at Maimonides Medical Center in Brooklyn, New York, after doing both a General Surgical Internship and a Junior Residency there. Advanced Vein and Vascular Solutions Surgeon Dr. Izzo completed a Fellowship Training in Cardiothoracic Surgery at the State University of New York Downstate Medical Center and is a Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Surgery at the University Of South Florida College Of Medicine in Tampa. Advanced Vein and Vascular Solutions Specialist, Dr. Izzo is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and is a member of numerous other professional societies, including the American Medical Association, the Florida Medical Association, the Hillsborough County Medical Association, the Florida Society of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgeons (of which he is the president), and the Society of Thoracic Surgeons. He is married and has four children. Let the Tampa vein specialists at Advanced Vein & Vascular Solutions help you find the solution to your vein problems. Contact us today for your initial consultation.
Edward G. Izzo, Jr., M.D., FACS:
- American Board of Surgery -1991, recertified 1999.
- American Board of Thoracic Surgery – 1995, Recertified 2003.
- State of New York – 1985.
- State of Florida – 1991.
- Tampa General Hospital – Tampa, Florida.
- Town and Country Hospital – Tampa, Florida.
- Memorial Hospital – Tampa, Florida.
- Florida Hospital Carrollwood – Tampa, Florida.
- Brandon Regional Medical Center – Brandon, Florida.
- South Bay Hospital – Sun City Center, Florida.
- Northside Hospital – St Petersburg, Florida
- Largo Medical Center – Largo, Florida
- Columbia University – New York, New York – B.S. Degree, 1977.
- University Health Sciences, Chicago Medical School – Chicago, Illinois – M.D. Degree, 1984.
- Maimonides Medical Center – Brooklyn, New York.
- General Surgery Internship, 1984 – 1985.
- Junior resident in Surgery, 1985 – 1987.
- Senior & Chief Resident in Surgery, 1987 – 1989.
- State University of New Downstate Medical Center – Brooklyn, New York – Cardiothoracic Surgery, 1989-1991.
- American College of Surgeons, Fellow American Medical Association.
- American Medical Association.
- Florida Medical Association.
- Florida Society of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgeons, Counselor.
- Hillsborough County Medical Association.
- Society of Thoracic Surgeons.
- Columbia University – New York, New York – Dean’s List, 1975 – 1977.
- Maimonides Medical Center – Abraham Mandelberg Traveling Fellowship to Outstanding Junior Surgical Resident, 1987
- Michael T. Fischer Award to Outstanding Chief Resident, 1989.
- University of South Florida College of Medicine, Department of Surgery – Tampa, Florida
- Clinical Assistant Professor, 2001 to Present
- University of South Florida Clinical professor.
- Town and Country Hospital – Tampa, FL – Board of Governors, 2002 to Present.