Advanced Vein and Vascular Solutions – Dr. Alkire
Advanced Vein and Vascular Solutions Physician, Dr. Mark J. Alkire is certified by the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Thoracic Surgery. Dr. Alkire is licensed in the states of Louisiana and Florida and holds numerous hospital affiliations, including Tampa General Hospital, St. Joseph’s Hospital, Town and Country Hospital, Memorial Hospital, University Community Hospital – all in Tampa – as well as Brandon Regional Medical Center and South Bay Hospital,Northside Hospital, & Largo Regional Medical Center. Advanced Vein and Vascular Solutions Physician Dr. Alkire received both his bachelor’s degree and his M.D. from Louisiana State University. After completing a General Surgery Internship and a Junior Residency at Louisiana State University Charity and Affiliated Hospitals, Advanced Vein and Vascular Solutions Surgeon Dr. Mark Alkire served as Senior & Chief Resident in Surgery there before completing a Fellowship in Cardiothoracic Surgery at the University of Miami School of Medicine. He is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and is a member of the American Medical Association, the Florida Medical Association, the Florida Society of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgeons, the Hillsborough County Medical Association, the Manatee County Medical Association and the Society of Thoracic Surgeons. The father of eight children, he is married to a perinatologist. Let the Tampa vein specialists at Advanced Vein & Vascular Solutions help you find the solution to your vein problems. Contact us today for your initial consultation.
Mark J. Alkire, M.D., FACS:
- American Board of Surgery – 1991, Recertified 1999.
- American Board of Thoracic Surgery – 1994, Recertified 2002.
- State of Louisiana – 1984.
- State of Florida – 1989.
- Tampa General Hospital – Tampa, Florida.
- Town and Country Hospital – Tampa, Florida.
- Memorial Hospital – Tampa, Florida.
- Florida Hospital Carrollwood – Tampa, Florida.
- Brandon Regional Medical Center – Brandon, Florida.
- South Bay Hospital – Sun City Center, Florida.
- Northside Hospital – St Petersburg, Florida
- Largo Medical Center – Largo, Florida
- Louisiana State University – Baton Rouge, Louisiana – B.S. Zoology, 1977.
- Louisiana State University School of Medicine – New Orleans, Louisiana – M.D. Degree 1984.
- Louisiana State University Charity and Affiliated Hospitals – New Orleans, Louisiana.
- General Surgery Internship, 1984 – 1985.
- Senior & Chief Resident in Surgery, 1987 – 1989.
- University of Miami School of Medicine – Miami, Florida.
- Cardiothoracic Surgery, 1989 – 1991.
- American College of Surgeons.
- Fellow American Medical Association.
- Florida Medical Association.
- Florida Society of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgeons.
- Hillsborough County Medical Association.
- Manatee County Medical Association.
- Society of Thoracic Surgeons.
- HCA L.W. Blake Hospital – Bradenton, Florida.
- Chairman of Surgical Case Review, 1994 – 1995.
- Chief of Surgery, 1996 – 1998.
- University of South Florida College of Medicine.
- Tampa General Hospital, Credentials Committee.
- South Bay Hospital, Vice Chief of Staff.
- Surgery – Tampa, Florida.
- Clinical Assistant Professor, 2001 to Present.